- Travel to Titan would take 75-90 days.
- 24 hours to lunar orbit from low earth orbit.
- Travel to Mars would take 33-38 days.
Amazingly, these almost ridiculous travel times are accompanied by what the general public likes: an equally ridiculous low cost. Cost can be as low as these figures:
- $200 million of research, development, building, and testing.
- 2 8-gigawatt thermal fusion engines are nearly 100x less expensive than our best systems available today.
Check out a the Advanced Nanotechnology Blog for more in detail information. Definitely a must for any aspiring space junkie!I was referred to this site by the always awesome Bad Astronomy Blog.